Sunday, June 28, 2015

Let's take a trip!




New blog friends,


My name is Melanie Ulbricht and this is my first blog, yay! Over the summer my brother Richard received a fully funded trip to China to take language classes and explore the culture, (I was so jealous) and a lot of my friends either just got back, or just left on their school trips to Europe. I was beyond envious of them getting to travel the world, I don't have the piggy bank or the time to go on a luxury vacation hopping around the globe. It's something I want to do one day, when my bank account allows it, but the wanderlust kicked in, and then I got an idea.

Have you ever heard of the Disney movie "around the world in 80 days" ? I think it stars Jackie Chan? Anyways, ever since that movie came out in 2004 I have wanted to do "Around the world in 80 Dinners" doing a different dinner each night, from a different country. A lot has changed since 2004, I'm no longer 8 years old and my diet no longer consists of happy meals and cotton candy ice cream. I became vegetarian in the summer of 2008 (I was 12 at the time,) I became Vegan in the winter of 2011, and I haven't looked back since. The idea to do Around the World in 80 Vegan Dinners came up the day my brother left for China and I realized how boring my hometown is ALL THE TIME.

In each nightly blog post I will be doing some brief tidbits about the country I am doing, such as the food, the original recipe, the vegan recipe, and talking about the culture, history and things I would like to do as a tourist if I visited this country.

This week, right from the comfort of my own kitchen, I will be traveling to:

Switzerland, Austria, Australia, Aruba, The Bahamas, Thailand, for the fourth of July we will be doing United States favorites, and Barbados!

So get ready to take a trip with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment